- affirm the good environmental work of churches
- witness to the wider world that churches care for God’s creation
- undertaken an environmental check-up or audit
- undertaken activities or initiatives in each of the following three areas:
- 'spiritual': worship and teaching — linking environmental issues with the Christian faith e.g. through services, children's work or an adult homegroup
- practical: practising what is preached e.g. an energy, churchyard or recycling project
- mission: reaching out — worked with or through their local community on environmental issues e.g. a litter pick, project with a school or other community group, gaining positive publicity.
Carbon Fast 2011: 9 March to 23 April Join St Mark’s response to climate injustice this Lent and help lighten our global neighbours’ load and care for God’s creation with a carbon detox – Tearfund’s Carbon Fast. The Carbon Fast’s weekly themes of simplicity, sacrifice, community, justice, creativity and generosity act as a focus for each reflection, with actions to help churches and individuals reduce their carbon footprint. The 'Green Team' plan to 'launch' the resource on Sunday March 13th: meanwhile you can see it for yourself / download it on: www.tearfund.org/carbonfast