The Child Friendly Church Award is a pioneering scheme developed by Liverpool Diocese to help churches give children the best possible experience of God and church.
To obtain an award each church must fulfil the following criteria.
- A parish Child Protection Policy in place.
- The church building offers a safe environment.
- Ongoing training and support for leaders in place.
- There is provision for children’s nurturing groups (0-16).
- There are opportunities for children to be included in child friendly services.
- Suitable materials for under 5s are available in church.
- There are opportunities for the voices of children from 14+ to be heard.
- Feedback is obtained from children.
- Vision for children’s work.
St Mark’s have fulfilled these criteria and are holders of a Child Friendly Church Award.
For more details visit the http://www.childfriendlychurch.org.uk website.