ACCESSIBILITY at ST MARKS
St Mark’s treats accessibility as a priority and has worked hard making the Church, Church Centre and our TANGO project accessible to all, and will continue working with partners ensure that all visitors feel welcome.
If you need any assistance during your visit please contact our Wardens, Sue Ashcroft or Charlie Mulvihill, or our Vicar, Dan Leathers.
St Mark’s Church have received the following awards:
Child Friendly Award
Children are welcomed and involved in everything we do here at St Mark’s.
Baby Friendly Award
St Mark’s supports breastfeeding and parent infant relationships.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ACCESSIBILITY
• Entrance to main car park is via Park Street.
• The car park has a number of designated spaces for disabled parking, located next to the TANGO shop building.
• There is a doorbell on site, should any assistance be needed on entering the Church.
• The Car park surface is tarmac and stone.
• Assistance available on request. You can contact the Church office between 10-2 Monday - Thursday on 01744 602641, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Large print of everything Service related is available on request.
• Both the Church and St Marks Centre are Wheelchair friendly.
• At the front of the Church there is a drive-way and a drop off point.
• The Church has a Hearing Loop installed.
Main Entrance to Church:
• Operating hours of the Church are are 10-2 Monday - Thursday or during Services on a Sunday.
• Large welcome area offering personal assistance including paper and pens.
• Lighting is a combination of natural and electric light.
• Seating is available for visitors.
• Most of the visitor areas of the Church are on a single level.
• All indoor public areas are ‘no smoking’.
• We have accessible toilets in all 3 buildings, the Church, the Centre and TANGO.
• Baby Changing facilitiesie are available in the Church and the Centre.
• Access to all WCs is level with no steps.
The Source Cafe:
• Large print menus available and members of staff are more than happy to assist visitors.
• Extension has level entry with a wide door.
• Vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free and sugar-free diets catered for.
• All tables are at the right height to accommodate wheelchairs.
• The service counter is at the right height for wheelchair users.
• Free Wi-Fi available on request.
• Contactless and Payment cards are accepted via a portable and cable free machine.
• Service seating is all on a single level.
• The Church is equipped with TV’s that use white text on black background for song lyrics.
• Sign language is available on request with advanced notice.
• A Payment Card machine is available on request for giving or donations.
• Walkways are mainly level concrete and block paving.
• Benches are provided around the grounds for people to rest.
• All staff and PCC have undertaken disability awareness training.
• All assistance dogs are welcome.
Telephone: 01744 602641
Address: St Marks Church, West End Road, Haydock, WA11 0AX
Opening Hours: 10-2 Monday - Thursday, and Sunday for Services
Please note that we continually work with individuals and groups to improve our provision and all feedback is collected and responded to.