T.A.N.G.O. Kitchen & Café Assistant
The aim of T.A.N.G.O. is to reach out, serve and help those in need in the community, by building trust and fellowship, mirroring Christian values.
The Scriptural basis of T.A.N.G.O.is to be found in the book of Isaiah chapter 58, for example as in ‘The Message’ version:
- “What I’m interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families.” (v. 7)
- “You’ll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past. You’ll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community liveable again.” (v. 12).
T.A.N.G.O. is a major part of the outreach strategy of St Marks Church in reaching Haydock with the love of Jesus.
St Mark’s, Haydock are passionate about people knowing Jesus, loving each other, and caring for our community.
To help T.A.N.G.O in its mission, St Mark’s are looking to appoint a Kitchen & Café Assistant.
The main responsibilities of the Kitchen & Café Assistant are to:
- To assist with ensuring compliance of current legislation regarding the safe preparation and delivery of food including food hygiene standards and the safe preparation of food
- To assist with all aspects of operations within the T.A.N.G.O. Community Café including the Outdoor Dog Friendly Café, from Food prep, to waiting on tables, engaging with customers in a friendly manner and cleaning
- To assist with the supervision and organising of staff and volunteers, including staff rotas, within the Catering Team
The job is for 15 hours per week, in general 3 x 5 hour shifts starting 09:30 – 14:30 Tuesday - Thursday
Flexibility Monday – Thursday is required for holiday cover.
The salary is paid at Real Living Wage (set by the Living Wage Foundation), which is currently £9.90 per hour. You will have the option to join the workplace pension scheme.
The Kitchen & Café Assistant role offers an exciting opportunity to serve your community via our wonderful T.A.N.G.O. Community Café. In this role you will assist the Café Team Leader to manage and co-ordinate the daily running of the community café, a place that offers affordable food, sanctuary and a friendly space. We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic person who will assist with pioneering a new vision into the T.A.N.G.O. café. As well as the day-to-day duties of running a café, we would love to welcome a new Kitchen & Café Assistant onto our team who has a real passion and a heart for community spirit.
The holiday allowance is 102 hours p/a, to be used over the year (this is equal to 6.8 weeks per anum inclusive of bank holidays).
If you would like to be a part of an exciting team, and to be an essential part in helping the Church and T.A.N.G.O in it’s outreach mission, then please download a job pack (using the buttons below), or contact the office if you have any questions.
Phone: 01744 602641 Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 10th July 2022
St Mark’s, Haydock are based in St Helens Deanery, and are part of the Liverpool Diocese in the Church of England
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check.